Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday 4.5.2011



Today is also Top Ten Tuesday. This is my first time taking part in this meme and I seriously ♥♥♥ it! 
Click the graphic to join in all the fun!

Also, serious thanks to Amanda for not only the meme but for my Top Ten List idea today, my top ten chocolates to 'reward'  myself with! If you get a serious craving, its not only my fault...☺☺☺

  1. Godiva's " Raspberry Ganache Twirl." This chocolate is SO decadently dark and filled with real raspberry puree, not a faux thickened raspberry flavored syrup. It is NOT a sweet filling but the natural mild sweetness of the  berries foils the dark sweetness of the silky chocolate perfectly. 
  2. Another Godiva, this time "Dark Caramel Embrace." I am not a really big caramel person except on my frappucinos but it pairs lusciously in this one. Enough to make me want to eat a pound at once. 
  3. For something completely different, may I recommend Dagoba's "Lavender Blueberry 52% dark" chocolate squares? I was sampling these out one day at the local Shaw's as part of my job and wow, I am seriously hooked on these little squares of relaxation and happiness...hehe! 
  4. To really knock your socks off is another Dagoba...a stunning combo of "74% dark chocolate, chili pepper and cacao nibs." Sinfully smooth, surprising little kick and really energizing. These are very fun if you like to walk a little on the wild side.
  5. True decadence comes in the form of "John and Kira's chocolate figs." These are whole Spanish chocolate figs filled with a whiskey ganache and dipped in dark chocolate. A little naughty but nice to share with a loved on. Only $22 for six at www.johnandkiras.com/category/Chocolate-Figs
  6. A little more accessible and inexpensive, I LOVE Black and Green Organic chocolates. I can't really pick one flavor for a fave, I love ALL of theirs...but you can't go wrong with dark chocolate mint or dark chocolate raspberry choices. 
  7. Available at every grocer pretty much are Lindt's truffles and bars. My favorite truffles are the chocolate peanut butter and white chocolate lemon. In bars I love the 70% dark with a touch of sea salt. 
  8. It's getting close to Easter and that means my seasonal indulgence, Cadbury Creme Eggs, are back! Thank goodness you can't get these year round or else I don't know what I would do...have to buy stock in the company, probably, to keep from going bankrupt...
  9. An everyday choice that I will grab at the Irving or the Rite Aid when I am there are my Reese's dark chocolate peanut butter cups.  I was SO happy when they made those! 
  10. Lastly, my childhood favorite that always takes me back are Almond Joys. Me and my dad used to share them when would go out and run errands with him. They remind me of simple summer days being daddy's girl and not thinking about grown up stuff. 
Here's hoping you all have 10 terrific things to share! Join in the fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment