Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random Dozen Welcome to Autumn!!!

Random Dozen is hosted every week by the lovely Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. Head on over to join the fun.

And the Random Dozen will begin after the following random message:

There, wasn't that fun?!?! 

And now: 


1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
 My eldest daughter B10 won two ribbons, 1st and 2nd place, for canned goods at the fair this year. It was her first time entering. I have won awards at fairs for my canned goods, beaded jewelry, and baked goods.

2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military? All four of my uncles served and three of my cousins have served.

3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
An immediate jolt? Songs that come on the radio like Aaron Tippin's "Where the Stars and Stripes and the Eagle Fly;" Darryl Worley's "Have You Forgotten" and Toby Keith's "American Soldier" and "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue." But the one that will always bring tears to my eyes is Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA." Those songs...oh, yeah, and FIREWORKS! 


4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?  I am the baby. No, I don't think placement made a difference I think it was being made to take responsibility for an older wayward sister because my parents didn't want to be bothered.

5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents. I am a hard working farm wife, just like my Grammy. I would rather be teaching my kids,  working the soil, cooking in the kitchen or tending my animals. When those things are done its time to play or read a good book.

6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo? I would much rather a skirt most days. BUT if I am building on the farm or working in the field or woodlot then I know pants are more practical.

7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep? Once or twice. Yep, I usually go back to sleep. 

8. Share a favorite movie quote. "I have great insight. I'd use it on myself only I don't have any problems." Music and Lyrics, 2007, one of the greatest movies ever!

9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent? Yankee Candle has two that I am partial too: Autumn Wreath and Fall Fruit. I also love their Apple Cider and Pumpkin Pie scents. They have a new one called Harvest, I have to get a full-size instead of the wax tart...

10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to? Apple picking, the pumpkin patch, yummy hot casseroles and soups and stews...oh, and hay rides!!

11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
I was gifted with a subscription to The Old Schoolhouse magazine as well as their 2010 homeschool planner, the student planner, and the parent pack planner. Completely unexpected and a real blessing! 

12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be? Um, my daddy-in-law passed away in 1990 so I won't get to meet him until much later, but meet him I will. My mother in law is a beautiful woman and the best mom anyone could ask for. I was VERY nervous about meeting her, and still actually haven't met her face-to-face, but I was nervous because she has grandkids my age and even a couple older than me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment