Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday's Fave Five for July 9, 2010

This week I am REALLY grateful for so very many things I don't know how I will narrow it down to five.

1) God's strength and support! I had to walk 4 miles to the library this morning...yes, one way...and I have yet to head out and walk home again but the amazing thing is that I haven't walked more than one mile roundtrip in eleven years, except for one Wednesday when I was determined not to miss MOPS, but that was back in the early fall!

2) The AC at the library. After reading ^^^ do I need to say more?

3) Ice cold water from the water fountain! Again, see #1 =]

4) Marion Stroud's book Dear God, It's Me and It's Urgent. This book has been a tremendous blessing this morning and promises to be so for a very, very long time.

5) Celtic Woman is coming to MAINE! I have been waiting nearly five years since I first heard them on PBS during a fundraising campaign right before Christmas 2005...my dh came home from work one day last week and asked me "How would you like to see Celtic Woman?" "Yeah, sure, when we win the lotto and can fly to Ireland maybe." Then he pulled out two tickets to their waterfront concert on July 28th! No, we didn't win the lottery but he wanted to do something really special...I guess he knew that he hit the nail on the head when I couldn't do anything except hug him and cry!

Happy Friday, Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for doing the 4 mile walk/8 mile round trip! I'm glad you could relax and enjoy some coolness and reading and refreshment before the trek home. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting about the tickets. I'd wouldn't mind going to a Celtic Woman concert. We saw Celtic Thunder a couple of years ago and the whole family really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete