Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday's Super Six

Hello again everyone...I apologize for the lateness of Friday's Five Fave...again  



...WHAT?!? You're still here!!! Yippeee!!! AND you forgive me? Awww, gee, thanks! Its the LAST time, I promise, and you'll see why on this Special Edition of "Friday's Fave Five: the Bonus Day!"

Saturday's Super Six
  1. Wild Blue Internet!!! Ours was installed this morning, but I haven't been on until tonight because...
  2. Friends who will help you tear down your old house and salvage any worthwhile materials, even if that endeavor includes climbing on a dangerous roof to do so. 
  3. Strong, confident female friends who will help you catch the sheet steel as it comes off the roof without being afraid it might slip and cut their hand or their scalp OR that they might break a nail. 
  4. Chester Fried Chicken Tenders and Potato Wedges...I don't know if they have these outside of Maine but they put KFC all to shame! A yummy meal in the car listening to Christian Family Network on the satellite radio and no cooking or cleaning up when we got home at the end of a pretty long day. 
  5. Acing my Biology course and it's lab component. I love learning but biology didn't always grab me. Being able to learn in a Christian environment and share my beliefs about creationism and why I don't believe in evolution made a TREMENDOUS difference all the way around this time and I loved this class!
  6. The love of a big hearted, God lovin' and fearin', wise, beautiful (yes, I said beautiful) family oriented man. 
See you all in a couple days after we have gotten the most of the demo/salvage done. 
God bless, have a terrific Sunday and remember the words of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young: 

"Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment