Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday's Fave Five August 27th 2010

Thanks to Susanne for hosting Friday's Fave Five every week! Go Here to join the fun

So sorry I missed out on the fun last week, everyone. Things were hectic but in the end what I initially took for sorrow has turned into great joy! Congrats to the 100th Postiversary winners: E-Mom, Heidi, and IslandSparrow! Way to go ladies! Awesome blogs, as well. I am so glad I got a chance to stop by these terrific blogs because I am a blog-a-holic and these three fit right into my addiction perfectly.

And now, without further ado, here is this weeks Fave Five!

1) Little local country fairs. Yesterday kicked off the 123rd annual Piscataquis Valley Fair. The fireworks were beautiful last night and the kids and I had a blast watching them. Fireworks are my absolute favorite thing on this planet...I don't know why but the sound, the smell, the flashy colors and different sparkly designs...

2) Animals!! I love every single kind of animal, really and truly. We have bantam chickens of our own, four rabbits, three cats, and three goats. Seeing all the well-groomed, well-loved and cared for animals at the fair with their proud owners alongside, especially the kids, is a real boost and makes me proud of my community and the parents, teachers, volunteers, and other educators we have that place such an emphasis on our kids. 

3) 4-H! We started our own 4-H club last year but between the move, losing one of our cats, my turn of bad health, and my hubby's lay off we didn't get projects completed in time for this year's fair. The animals are sleek and sassy, though and A5 and J7 are terribly proud of their rabbits and chickens and B10 is looking forward to the imminent arrival of her first Babydoll Southdown sheep.

4) Getting the materials in place to start building. By September 5th we will have our shell up and be started on the interior. 

5) That God works everything for our good, even if we cannot see it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment