Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My First EVER Random Dozen


Okay, so I have wanted to do this for a while now but have always missed the posting day! I *just* made it this week...on with the FUN! Thanks to Lid at the 2nd Cup of Coffee for hosting this!

1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
The Brown Recluse spider. Some call it the "Violin Spider" or "Fiddleback Spider" because it looks like there's a violin on its back:
These suckers have a nasty venom and I am not going to describe what they can do. Just...Google them...if you wanna see something truly frightening...and grossly graphic...
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
What isn't green/organic about me? I make my own soap/shampoo/etc. We live off grid and get our electricity from our own brook and the sun. I compost. I recycle...everything...obsessively. We only own one vehicle out of choice though many times we could "use" two. I buy clothes made from organic cotton and only natural fibers. I buy Fair Trade Organic teas and coffees. Our eggs come from our own chickens. Our milk from our goat...I'll just stop, now...
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you. Being bitten by a Brown Recluse spider.
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances? Yep. From Toronto's YYZ to LAX in Los Angeles. I didn't want to go home so I didn't go to the airport.
5. What do you consider your best feature? My brain!
6. What was the last concert you went to? Celtic Woman on the Bangor Waterfront in July. I am going to see Tim McGraw on Sept. 4th and then to Boston to see Rush on Sept. 18th.
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.  Umm...don't know if I want to share this but I will. When I was 16 I was dating a really nice Christian boy. Well, there was a spontaneous re-dedication to Christ and re-baptism service. He talked me into doing it and I really believed he was "the one" so I did it...and TOTALLY forgot I was wearing bright purple lingerie...we had to change into white robes and it slipped my mind...until I was walking out of the tank...
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer? Depends where I am and what I'm doing. I am usually a singer, though. Singing is my gift from God.
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute? "You need to spend more time at the library." Seriously. It is over 90* out there and nothing cool to do except hang at the library and read.
10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010? I will officially receive an Associate's Degree in Elementary Education. Then I will only have two years left until I graduate from college.
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.) The Liberty Bell, of course!
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?  Absolutely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment