Saturday, February 2, 2013

Wow it's been a long time!

Holy roses, Batman, it's been forever since I've posted. A LOT has happened since my last post...we were staying with friends a while, that became a hot mess, and we've moved on. Now staying with another friend who's lifestyle (off grid, self sustaining, raising livestock, growing our own fruits and veggies as much as possible, fair trade purchasing, etc etc) is completely in line with ours.

Things are as near to perfect as they can be. Essentially for a while there we were homeless. Now have an established address, will be able to secure work with new references that I have secured, worked a few volunteer positions to flesh out my resume after being a stay at home mom since 2005. I have been a full time student in that time as well, I am going back to school now that things are on an even keel to complete my elementary education degree, a dream I've had since third grade back in, um, let's see...1989! Wow, it will be amazing to complete that and become a full time teacher instead of just a substitute and ed tech.

We are on a homestead now, not as large as our farm but eventually after helping out here for a year or two to get another place of our own and start over again. Will post again tomorrow and upload some pictures of our rabbits, too cute too believe and the cats are so cute with them when we let a few have free-play time outside their cages.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment