Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nearing the end of another school year

As I strolled down our main street in Guilford today, enjoying the nearly 70° temperature, the sun pouring down and a gentle breeze I marveled at the number of older teens lounging in their yards doing the same, enjoying the Spring Break to the fullest just soaking up the sun and hanging out with their friends. I substitute teach in our town on occasion and know many teens and preteens because of 4-H, subbing, and friends who are parents of tweens and teens.

It hit me that many of the kids I know will be heading off to college next fall and more still in the fall of 2013. A lot of these kids are brilliant, funny, creative kids who have no idea what they want to do in life. Most are excited about college but are a little scared of taking the PSAT, SAT, and ACT tests. Most of the parents I know and am familiar with are not college educated and are worried that coaching their kids for these tests themselves may have damaging results instead of positive ones. That is where Studypoint's SAT tutor and ACT tutor programs can make a world of difference. Colleges rely on student's scoring on these tests to determine whether they are accepted or not and if accepted which courses they must take based on achievement level.

I shared these programs with one of my closest friends and her 17 year old daughter who is a junior in high school this year. The daughter has testing anxiety and her mom left school to become a mom in her senior year. K, the mom, was very worried about trying to help S, the daughter, with her SAT prep studies. SAT Tutor has been a blessing and I hope it will help others out, as well.

These are definitely two programs I am going to be recommending to every student I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment