Tuesday, June 15, 2010

****MEGA GOOD NEWS ALERT****

If you are one of those people who don't like it when good things happen to other people, stop reading now...

Okay, I really mean it...I know there are some of you who troll the 'net looking for good news on blogs and want to steal other's joy, but it won't work here...

All right, don't say I didn't warn you...for those who like a feel good mood-boost, keep on reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was talking to my dad a couple of days ago and the talk turned to the current issue of back-taxes owed on the property we jointly own. I am not in a fiscal position to pay them off, he is not in a mental willingness to. The house is not in a great condition. The wall joists, timbers, drywall, insulation, wiring, plumbing, that's all in pretty good condition. The roofing tin is a mix of 30 year old tin and some newer tin on the upper roof.

We are buying our own property, I have a quit-claim deed ready to give my dad once a permanently-habitable house is up on our new place, and dad told me yesterday the three best words I could ever hear...
"Tear it down." Yep,  he told me to tear the camp down and use the materials to build a new house. Now, mind you, this "camp" is two stories in back, 1.5 stories in front, a worthless basement that is more often a lake because of the high water table where we live...30 feet long by 25 feet wide. LOTS of building material. It means we can have our permanent house up by August instead of a temporary shelter up and build the house next year! I can't wait!!

Anyone wishing to see roughly what our new house will look like can find Andy Sheldon's drawings and layout here. The temporary shelther, which is now going to be a workshop is here.

Once I get either a Kodak Easy Share dock or a working USB cord for my camera I will upload and post some pics of the property.

God bless, have a great week, and remember:
     Cast your cares on Him for He cares for you every iniquity.

No comments:

Post a Comment